Monday, January 2, 2017

What I'll spend 2017 doing

I spent this weekend at New Year's Eve PartyCon in Allentown, hanging out with horror authors Stephen Kozeniewski, Mary San Giovanni, and Brian Keene. It was a small con, but still pretty fun. And some point, the topic of the new year came up (naturally) and someone mentioned a superstition that what you did on New Year's Day would represent what you'd do for the rest of the year.

So, if that superstition holds true, I'll spend 2017...


  • Hanging out with horror authors
  • Manning author tables at conventions and such
  • Speaking on (poorly attended but wonderfully enthusiastic) convention panels
  • Driving long distances
  • Eating ramen
  • Petting my cat
  • Making schedules and project plans
  • NOT cleaning my apartment or going grocery shopping, despite the mess and the lack of anything in the fridge
  • Freaking out about all the stuff I've agreed to do (but in a good way? maybe?)
  • Writing like a maniac, fueled by a bottle of red wine

Sound pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment