Also, can I just say, how amazing is it that we're getting a FIFTH anthology??? This whole thing started out as one little book, and Paige Daniels and I thought it was literally one and done. That was 2014. Now here we are, looking at 2020...
Anyway, details and submissions form here: http://bravenewgirls.weebly.com/submissions.html
The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2020. The criteria are that stories must be:
- About a teen girl (14-18) with an interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math)
- Geared toward a tween/teen audience (10-18)
- PG in content, as many of our readers are very young, and we want parents/guardians/family friends to be comfortable giving these books to the children in their lives. No graphic sex ("sweet" romance with kissing and hand holding and such is fine), no graphic violence (bloodless comic-book-movie-style violence is fine), no swearing (biblical curse words, i.e. "hell" or "damn", and made-up sci-fi cursing, e.g. "frak" or "gorram", are fine)
- In the sci-fi category. We're open to any and all sub-genres (space opera, contemporary with speculative tech, historical with speculative tech, dystopia, cyberpunk, steampunk, solarpunk, dieselpunk, biopunk, silkpunk... all the punks)
- Between 2,500 and 10,000 words in length
Each story selected will be accompanied by an illustration, and each contributing author will receive a complimentary paperback of the anthology, which will be released July 2020.