Sunday, January 11, 2015

All hail the mighty mailing list!

One of the things I hear over and over from book marketing gurus is: "Set up a damn mailing list!" Fellow Red Adept author Stephen Kozeniewski lays out the reasons pretty articulately over on his blog. The gist of it (or, at least, my interpretation), is that social media comes and goes, but email is pretty much forever (hence why my personal email is stuck on the silly handle I chose for myself as a cat-loving 12-year-old). So a mailing list is the best way to guarantee that you'll keep in touch with your followers, even if next year everyone abandons Twitter for, oh, I don't know, some new image-swapping site called Pictamazing or something.

I've always known it was a good idea, but, for whatever reason, had trouble making myself set one up. Probably because I was already feeling overwhelmed from trying to spread myself over so many social media sites (Facebook! Twitter! Tumblr! This blog! Google Plus... wait, what's that again?). I've always had the "sign up for new releases" option on my website (and email people when things get released), but doing it manually can be a real bother.

So I've finally done it - and fulfilled my new year's resolution in record time (yes, my new year's resolution was to set up a mailing list). Click here to sign up! The form is also over on the right hand side of this blog.

I promise, I'll only email actual announcements (like new releases) and maybe a few entertaining book-related things (like the stuff I post on this blog). And I won't email you more than once a month. There, it has been written on the Internet, and the Internet is forever, so it shall hold me to my word!

I spent way too much time picking out this font.

1 comment:

  1. Pictamazing sounds...well, amazing. I'd like to invest heavily in it.

    ReplyDelete